There are two main types of fish and shellfish that we eat as sashimi. One type has a rich taste, like tuna, bonito, salmon, yellowtail, horse mackerel and so on. The other is a refreshing taste, like sea bream, fuluke, calamari, octopus, scallops and so on. If you change the type of soy sauce depending on the seafood, you can enjoy the flavor of the ingredients. Of course, you can savor the sashimi with koikuchi (regular color) soy sauce, but please try changing the soy sauce to enjoy different flavors.
A: rich tasting seafood
- Cuts of tuna, bonito, salmon, yellowtail, horse mackerel and so on
- some tamari soy sauce or saishikomi (doubled-brewed) soy sauce
B: refreshing tasting seafood
- Cuts of sea bream, fuluke, calamari, octopus, scallops and so on
- some usukuchi (light color) soy sauce or sweet soy sauce
If you would like, you can also add some wasabi.
Instructions:I will introduce a delicious way of tasting sashimi.
- Put your favorite soy sauce in a small dish
- put a little wasabi on the sashimi without mixing it with soy sauce
- Don't dip it into the soy sauce for too long so that you can enjoy the flavor of the soy sauce, wasabi and the sashimi.