Nimono is a category of Japanese food in which something is simmered and seasoned in a broth which contains soy sauce, mirin, and sake. Konnyaku is a Japanese food that is made from yams. It is popular as diet food. It includes fiber, glucomannan, and calcium which helps to decrease blood glucose and cholesterol levels.
Cook time：20 minutes
Total time ：20 minutes
- 1 pack konnyaku (8.8 ounces)
- 6.5 ounces chicken breast
- 0.5 ounces green onion
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon salad (or olive) oil
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/2 tablespoons bonito soup stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut the konnyaku into thin slices and boil them with salt for 2 minutes.
- Chop the green onions into small pieces and cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken until the outside is browned and the inside is well cooked.
- Add konnyaku and the ingredients in A and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce and stir for 10 to 15 minutes
- Serve in a dish and sprinkle green onion on top