We will introduce a recipe for hand-rolled sushi that you can make easily. In Japan, it is called temaki-zushi. You will put rice on nori (dried seaweed) and roll it with your favorite ingredients. It is perfect for a party menu that everyone can enjoy. Depending on the combination of ingredients, you may discover of new taste.
INGREDIENTS (2 servings: around 10 rolls) :
Vinegared rice (refer to our recipe to see how to cook the rice)
- 300g of rice
- Water (660g in total with the washed rice)
- Ingredients for the vinegared rice
- 1 2/3 of tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 2/3 of tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Tuna, salmon, salmon roe, squid etc.
- Wasabi, ginger, oba (Japanese basil)
- Cucumber, avocado, sprout etc.
Other variety of ingredients that you may try
- Cream cheese, uncured ham, fried chicken etc.
- 2～3 sheets of nori
- your favorite soy sauce or tamari soy sauce
- Cook rice and mix all the ingredients for the vinegared rice
- Cut the ingredients into pieces that are easy to roll.
- First, cut the nori in half. Then fold into a red circle (shown in a diagram) that matches and cut along the bend line.
- Put the rice on the nori
- Dip the ingredients in the soy sauce and place them on the rice
- Add some seasonings, roll it up and enjoy!