We will make this hand-made clear ramen soup which is based on chicken stock soup and soy sauce. The key to making a clear chicken stock soup is to never boil it. There are also numerous other types of ramen, such as mixing chicken bones with pork bones as well as adding boiled pork as a base of the soup. So, let's try making this original ramen.
INGREDIENTS (2 servings):
- 2 packages ramen noodles (or refer to the recipe for making ramen noodles)
- 150 CCs soy sauce or tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Chicken bones from 1 chicken
- 1 tablespoon bonito flake broth powder
- 1 clove ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 grams of vegetables (green onion, carrot, onion, etc.)
- green onions
- boiled spinach
- 【Soy sauce based sauce】 Put all ingredients of the sauce in a pot and heat it. Before the water starts to boil, remove from the heat and let it cool.
- 【Chicken stock soup】 Wash the chicken bone with running water. Often, the internal organs are can be stuck between the bones so check carefully with your fingers.
- Boil the chicken bones to remove the smell. Transfer them to a strainer immediately after boiling for about 30 seconds.
- Put the chicken bones, ginger, garlic, and vegetables in the pan and add plenty of water.
- Heat over medium heat and skim off the foam every time it floats up. Be careful not to boil it, as the soup will turn dull.
- Heat for about 5 hours, while being sure to add water as the liquid reduces.
- Let the soup pass through a strainer, then add the bonito flake broth powder.
- Add the above soup to the soy sauce based soup to your preferred thickness. Pour the soup into a bowl.
- Put boiled ramen noodles in the soup, decorate with ingredients and enjoy!
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 130 grams bread flour
- 70 grams cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 30 grams bread flour (for dusting powder)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the flour and baking soda and sift it twice.
- Pour the salt into the water to dissolve it. Mix the egg and oil into the salt water.
- Add the liquid from step 2 to the powder from step 1. Mix it until all ingredients are moist.
- Make the dough into a ball and knead it well. When it becomes elastic and smooth let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Using a molding board, flatten the dough to about 2 millimeters in thickness. Dust with bread flour and then fold from both sides and cut into 2 millimeters (or desired ) widths.