Nizakana is fish which have a light flavor, such as flounder, cooked with mainly soy sauce and sweet seasonings. The flounder will end up being very soft and the combination of saltiness and sweetness are a perfect fit with it. This is a very healthy dish that does not use any oil. The smells that come from the pot when you simmer the fish will make you very hungry!
For the patty:
- 250 CCs water
- 3 tablespoons sake (or cooking wine)
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin (or honey)
- 3 tablespoons (koikuchi) soy sauce
- 4 slices of ginger
- 3-4 slices of flounder
- Put all ingredients except for the flounder into the pan and heat them up until they boil.
- After the sauce has boiled, put the flounder into it and cover the put with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.