Chilled tofu is the standard way to enjoy tofu in Japan. We'll introduce to you how to enjoy this delicious chilled tofu recipe, as well as how to taste the deliciousness of soy sauce and the deliciousness of tofu respectively. Try this standard recipe during the hot summer.
1 pack of tofu (any type of tofu is fine)
- 1 tablespoon saishikomi (double-brewed) soy sauce or tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- Bonito flakes as desired
- To eat chilled tofu, rinse the tofu thoroughly with water after taking it out of the package and then pat dry with a paper towel. By doing this, you can enjoy the unique bean flavor of tofu.
- The tofu itself has a simple taste, so how you want to enjoy it is up to you. The following are our recommended toppings.
- Standard chilled tofu toppings in Japan: Green onion, dried bonito and soy sauce (plus ginger). You can enjoy the deliciousness of saishikomi soy sauce or tamari soy sauce.
- Chop the green onion finely and grate the ginger before putting them on the tofu.